Now on Toronto’s Heritage Registry, 99 Spadina is located in the old “rag trade” area and was built in 1910 to house the heavy machinery of a woolen mill factory over three generations. Chard carefully restored the building, removing stucco, repointing brick and refinishing floors and wooden beams to expose its beautiful heritage. Making use of the structurally sound, mass timber footings and beams, Chard added two floors of office space to reposition the building as an exclusive creative tech space. 99 Spadina helped contribute to the neighbourhood’s rejuvenation and growth.
99 Spadina, Toronto, ON