Arish joined the Chard team in 2019, bringing immense accounting knowledge and excellent leadership skills to our team. He’s also responsible for our most frequent canine visitor, Maggie! We asked Arish some questions to get to know him better. Check them out below!
What does a day in the life at Chard look like?
- My days are spent overseeing the accounting of Chard Development and our projects. I prepare debt and equity funding requests and manage the cash flow projections for all entities. I also get to mentor an amazing team!
What do you enjoy MOST about working at Chard?
- The team is wonderful. Everyone has the same goal in mind and is willing to collaborate and provide answers when needed.
Can you share a career highlight or accomplishment you’re proud of?
- Achieving my CA designation and continuing my career progression over the years.
How are you challenged in your role?
- Chard is constantly evolving and growing. With this growth, there are new company structures, strategies, and reporting requirements that we need to learn and adhere to. This keeps things interesting and challenging as no two projects are the same and we are constantly learning.
When you’re not working, what can we find you doing (hobbies)?
- Spending time with friends and family.
- Working on home renovation projects or tinkering with my car.
- Hikes/nature walks with my dog, Maggie, around the beautiful BC landscape.
What a fun fact?
- I spent 10 weeks backpacking across Western Europe after University.
- My dog Maggie comes to the office with me on the days I’m in the office.