Meet our Vice President of Development, Mackenzie Biggar!
Since joining us at Chard in November 2021, Mackenzie has jumped head first into her role as leader of our development team. Her extensive background and experience across the development industry has made her a welcome addition… as has her positive attitude and unwavering dedication to the task at hand.
We asked Mackenzie some questions to get to know her better. Check out her answers below!
What does a regular day in the life at Chard look like for you?
- There is no such thing! Real estate development is an ever-changing industry requiring an ability to adapt constantly, problem-solve and innovate to reflect changes in policy, consumer demands and market conditions.
What do you enjoy most about working at Chard?
- It’s an exciting time for the company as we scale up and grow forward! We have an exciting line-up of projects with great partners. And we have a dedicated team that takes immense pride in what we do. I’m thrilled to be a part of it!
What’s something (a fun fact) about you people might not know?
- I’ve had dinner with Sir-Mix-A Lot and Thea Austin from SNAP.
- I survived being caught in a large rogue wave in Steveston, BC while dog walking in 2010.
- I married my husband (an American) on neutral territory at Peace Arch Park in August 2020 after being separated since the March border closure earlier that year. We now split time between two homes in Bellingham and Steveston.
- I have my Class 6 motorcycle license.
What are your go to restaurants or coffee shops?
- Anar Persian Cuisine, Steveston, BC
- Sanctuary Café, Steveston, BC (a great destination for avid cyclists heading south!)
- Rock & Rye Oyster House, Bellingham, WA