At Chard, we love immersing ourselves in the communities where we build. As we continue to expand and deliver homes and commercial spaces across Metro Vancouver and Victoria, we’re excited to highlight and share some of the great amenities and destinations that make each neighbourhood so special.
This month we’ll feature Central Lonsdale. Located in one of the world’s most naturally rich environments, the heart of North Vancouver also presents every urban convenience right at your doorstep. Experience a relaxed and progressive community only minutes away from the abundant outdoor activities the North Shore offers.
We have complied some of our favourite spots throughout Central Lonsdale, where you can grab a coffee, stop for a bite to eat, and take in the sights! These locales offer a distinctive experience that exemplifies the North Shore lifestyle.
CAFES, COFFEE, BAKERIES
- Andrews on Eighth – The quaint heritage exterior, inclusive outdoor patio and tasty food and beverages make this a location worth visiting. This cozy little corner café is tucked away from the surrounding lively neighbourhood streets and gives Central Lonsdale a family-like feel!
- Rosemary Rock Salt – With a simplistic and modern approach to Montreal styled bagels, Rosemary Rock Salt offers both sweet and savoury options. Uncover a quick bite to eat or a relaxing brunch spot in Central Lonsdale!
- Echo Café and Brunch – Enjoy a variety of brunch, bakery, and drink options at 14th and Lonsdale. Echo Café and Brunch offers hand crafted food items. With big windows facing the sun in the morning, it’s a great place to start your morning!
- Harmony Donuts – A local’s favourite, this one-of-a-kind donut shop is tucked away at the edge of Central Lonsdale. Experience delicious cake donuts with a mashup of vintage culture and eccentric artwork. Make the journey to enter a little world of its own, where homemade donuts await.
GOOD EATS, GREAT DRINKS
- OEB – Arguably one of the most “Instagram-able” breakfast spots, this Canadian-founded company specializes in the perfect breakfast. With a dedication to the most important meal of the day, OEB Breakfast Co is the place to enjoy an elevated breakfast and brunch experience.
- Jordan Sushi – Whether you dine in or order online, Jordan Sushi provides authentic Japanese and Korean cuisine in every experience. Surrounded by a welcoming ambiance, Jordan Sushi is perfect for that Friday night bite to eat when you don’t feel like cooking.
- Alberello Pizzeria – A local gem that serves a taste of authentic Italian cuisine. With fresh and tasty ingredients, a wide variety of menu options, and welcoming staff, Alberello’s Pizzeria has an experience for everyone. Discover new flavours and toppings that you might not see anywhere else!
- Lonsdale BridgeDeck – A craft beer lover’s dream, Lonsdale Bridge Deck offers your favourite Bridge beers dovetailed with excellent pub fare. The expanded patio’s vibrant personality makes it a great place to enjoy a cold beer in the sun!
- Tacomio – A family-run Mexican restaurant that provides modern twists to Mexican street food. With friendly and welcoming staff, a vast menu of options, and inspiration from childhood treats, this is the perfect place to experience a taste of Mexico!
TAKE IN THE SIGHTS
- Visit North Vancouver’s Lawn Bowling Club – Located at the top of Central Lonsdale, North Vancouver’s Lawn Bowling Club is known for its friendly members, great coaching, and programs for beginners. It’s a perfect opportunity to try something new. The well-maintained lawns and great views of Lonsdale are an added bonus!
- Relax and play at Rey Sargent Park – Just a few streets south of the Lawn Bowling Club, Rey Sargent Park is situated adjacent Lonsdale with unique play structures and activities to entertain more than just the youth. Find lush trees and flowers scattered throughout for a peaceful place to relax.
- Check out Victoria Park – Victoria Park is a picturesque promenade park with formal paths that divides Central Lonsdale from Lower Lonsdale. An important green space for over 100 years, the park is also home to three notable structures, including the 1915 horse trough, the 1923 cenotaph and the Cold War air raid siren.
Looking for an opportunity to make this neighbourhood your home? The Royals is waiting for you! The Royals offers an elevated standard in rental living presenting studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment rental homes just one block east of Lonsdale on 15th.
Learn more about this existing community here.